Sorry for the lack of posts but my life has been very busy. Go to school and set up...eat...sleep...get up go to school and set up...eat..sleep. Getting ready for school is a lot of work. Wow! Especially when you have nothing but desks and cupboards and white walls. So I got to work and now have an updated version of what my classroom looks like now. I have 24 students.
Yesterday was orientation day when I met the parents and their daughter from 9-1. They picked up the school supplies list. Today was officially the first day of school.

Amanda and I on the bus...going to school!!!

Amanda and I outside ACA on our first day of school!!
Look at the previous posts of my classroom....and look at it now! A total transformation!!! Here are pictures from all different angles. In a few weeks I will be moving the desks around again as it is not my favorite set up but it is good for the first few weeks to remember names (who are numbered alphabetically) and to do partner activities.






I had the morning off (which I wish I didn't because it is nice for you to start the first day off with rules, routines etc.) Overall, it was a great day. The girls were great (minus 1) but they listened and did what they were told ...which could change but I hope not. I am very organized for this week and it showed today...it was great. I have great teaching partners who helped me get ready for this week. Compared to one of the other grade 4 teachers I received more Kleenex and hand wipes than she did! haha I have bags full at the back of my room now at my desk. The girl that is annoying me to death is one that doesn't want to be in my room because her friend is in the other class...so I am praying tonight that her mother makes a fuss and then she might get moved...then my school day would be great. Nobody wants a student in their class who doesn't want to be there.
P.S I had my maid come and clean my entire apartment on Sunday...it was soo clean. She took out the rugs and washed everything including the outside of my windows. My laundry alone took her 4.5 hours!!! (and nothing went in the dryer) she was disappointed that I did not want her to iron my clothes because they were wet ....and she wanted to come back another day to iron them! ha I told her I could do it. She is coming to my place every 2nd Sunday.
No comments:
Post a Comment