When I was in Kuwait and was offered a teaching position it hit me that I have no job this summer and I wasn’t going to need the summer off anymore to find a teaching job. So I told my dad to find me some painting jobs and my mom to find me something to do too. So my mom hooked me up to work at the provincial election. This was all fine and dandy until I came home and started substitute teaching. I went to election training in Russell which was absolutely, positively a WASTE OF TIME. I did not learn anything. Tuesday, May 22 was the election. I had to be at the Birtle United Church at 7:30 am. All day it was slow…people who came didn’t come to our station…our side of town decided to come at 6:30-7:30pm for some reason. So I had nothing to do but stare at the wall and ceiling from 8:00am until 6:30 when voters in my area came to vote. Then at 8:00-9:00pm we counted the ballots….sometimes twice. LONGEST DAY EVER….blah and just to note the pay isn’t that good. It is not worth it unless you are older, and retired because maybe then I would’ve remembered to bring some knitting to do....The winner in Birtle and area was Len Derkach in case you were wondering..but it was a tight race and Teri Nicholson came in a very close second.(in Birtle..not overall)
After 13.5 hours of work I came home and went to bed….got up early because I had to substitute grade 5/6 and a grade 8 social studies. Good times.
May 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
booo, update your blog......
Post a Comment