Left on Jet Airways from Kuwait to Mumbai. The bus ride from one terminal to the next in Mumbai was very long.
DAY 1 Wednesday, November 25th
Finally, we arrived in Goa at 7:30 in the morning and was picked up by Sudhir and another driver from our hotel Villa Anjuna. We checked into our hotel but only one out of our two rooms was ready. We piled all our bags into the room. There were 3 beds. We all decided to lay down and take a quick rest until noon. We got up and Lindsay and I checked into our room which was at the other end of Villa Anjuna’s property. We had lunch at Villa Anjuna. I had spring rolls and Chinese noodles.
We decided to go to walk down the beach to the Wednesday Market. It was a nice hot day. There were lots of cows roaming the beach area.
The market was very big. Each hut had clothes, bags, scarves, jewelry, shoes and much more. Bartering is a must at the market. They start with high prices and as you walk away they drop the price by 75% or more! Lexi and Jenn went back to the hotel to rest some more while Erin, Lindsay and I stayed until sunset. We walked back to the hotel and got ready to go for supper. We ate at Zampa Restaurant (do not recommend it). It was located just down from our hotel and along the water. I had sweet and sour chicken and naan bread.
Afterwards Lindsay and I went back to our hotel room and got ready for a night out at Paradisco Club with the other 3 girls went to bed. Paradisco club was only a 5 minute walk from our hotel. We got there and they gave us real flower bracelets to wear on our hands. If you didn’t have bracelet you couldn’t drink for free. All ladies drank for free and the guys had to pay 1000 rupees (about 20 dollars for unlimited drinks). Keep in mind that 1 beer costs less than $1.00 so paying $20.00 is a lot of money in Goa. We were the first people to arrive so we started drinking beer. The club atmosphere was really cool. It is located on the top of a cliff and it decorated like a white cave. They had blue and red lights all over. We danced and met up with Brad, Ryan, Kirby and Patrick who are teachers at ACA with us and also booked to stay at the same hotel as us! We danced until 4am in the morning!! It was lots of fun.
DAY 2 Thursday, November 26th
In the morning I got up and laid by the pool.
Brad, Ryan and Patrick were there too and ordered ice coffee’s so I had one too. It was DELICIOUS!! They were going for breakfast at Sunset Bar and Restaurant which was located along the water just down from where I had ate supper the previous night. I had another ice coffe (not as good as our hotels), tomato cheese and omelet which was very good.
Laid by the pool until the other 4 girls got up. They had lunch and we all laid by the pool and enjoyed the sun. For supper we went to the Sonic Bar and Restaurant by the water. I had shrimp, pai thai, naan bread and banana nutella pancake for desert. The desert was the best part of the meal. We were all exhausted so we went back to the hotel to bed.
DAY 3 Friday, November 27th
Lindsay and I woke up and had breakfast at the Sea Wave Inn/Sea Queen Resto Bar. I had the traditional masala omelet and a cold ice coffee.
We met Lexi, Jenn and Erin and our driver Sudhir took us to our Crocodile tour with Jake the Snake. We were lucky and saw 3 crocodiles.
Lots of Kingfisher birds.
When we got back to Villa Anjuna Lindsay and I walked down the beach looking for a good place to eat lunch. We stopped at Lilliput where I had lasagna and naan bread. It was excellent! After that Lindsay and I booked massages at our hotel. I got a full body oil massage. It was very nice and relaxing.
For supper Sudhir recommended that we eat at the Italian Restauarnt. I had a vegetarian Pizza with Buffalo Mozzarella Cheese. It was delicious!! We drank 3 bottles of rose wine too.
Then we went back to Villa Anjuna and knocked on Max’s door (a guy Jenn played volleyball with that night). We invited Max (whose real name is Stephan) out to Curly’s Sea Bar. He agreed and we walked to Curly’s. After our 3 bottles of wine we were quite inebriated. Lexi and Erin ended up falling into the water on the walk over and got very wet! We had a few beers and decided to go to Paradisco Club (the one Lindsay and I had been to previously). We danced and had a great time and Brad, Ryan, Kirby and Patrick ended up there too. They ran out of King Fisher beer that night. We ended up staying until they started kicking everyone out! It was a good night too!!!
DAY 4 Saturday, November 28th
At 11:00 I woke up and laid by the pool. I had some greasy French fries for lunch. When Lindsay woke up we went to Oasis for supper at 5:00. I had chicken cashew nut and rice. It was very tasty. Lexi, Jenn and Erin then joined us and we walked down the street looking at shops. After that we were still hungry so we went to Zoori’s Restaurant where I had vegetarian lasagna and yummy naan bread!
Then we went to the night market and bought a few souvenirs. The night market was very nice. Better than the Wednesday market. It was larger with more space. It also wasn’t as hot out.
DAY 5 Day Sunday, November 29th
We woke up, packed our bags and laid by the pool until it was time to head off to the airport. The entire trip was very relaxing and lots of fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment