School is GREAT! I still love it here and teaching is going well. So what have I been teaching?!?! Well I had my students create a reading glyph. (They have never done a glyph before) and it worked really well. (It was also a quick way to help Ms.Krista cover 1 of her bulletin boards!)


In Math I have been teaching the girls about rotational and line symmetry. I designed a task where they had to make a logo that included the symmetry. Today they used Fabric Pastels on white shirts to create their logo. Most of the girls did a great job and of course you have some that just want to get the job done. 


Today I experienced my first birthday party. A few girls had birthdays during the weekend and chose not to celebrate with the class (they were the shy ones). Awdah's birthday was actually a few days ago but we were busy and asked her to post-pone the party until today. She brought in a humpty dumpty cake and 2 baskets of bread danties. Party hats, noise makers etc. (we told her she couldn't use the noise makers until after school). Emma told me that the party was one of the better ones we have had. Usually they are more elaborate and get out of control.

On Monday the Elementary Girls Campus is going to the CIRCUS in the morning!! I am probably just as excited as the students are...as all the teachers grumble at the thought of how crazy the afternoon with be trying to teach them. Lucky for me I was supposed to teach in the morning and have the afternoon to prep....so I don't have to worry about the students over excitment after the circus.
Next week I am also starting a unit on reader's theatre and I am going to model how to write scripts using the gingerbread man. I am also starting my egg experiment to show what will happen to our teeth if we don't brush them after we drink liquids such as apple juice, coke etc. The girls here do not eat healthy.
Yesterday our maid came and cleaned Jen's and my appartment. It is clean, clean, clean. I love it. She washes our dishes, cleans the washroom, washes the floor, dusts, makes our beds and sometimes does our sheets and towels. She doesn't do our laundry because we asked her not to. I had pizza for supper. It was delicious. I took a pita and covered it in pizza sauce and added shredded cheese. Mmmm it was soo good. I didn't have any meat to put on it..but the sliced deli meats aren't very good hear. I will stick to Chicken and Beef.
I don't have much planned for this weekend. Orginally I was going to Falika Island but it was post-poned due to the middle/high parent teacher conferences. Next weekend I am off to Dubai and the weekend after will be Falika Island.
When I woke up this morning it was a crazy windy, sand storm outside and as I type right now it just started to rain. Aggh they are not calling for a hot sunny weekend. (But if the weather changes I will be going to the "Palms" which is a gym to lie by the pool and work on my tan! haha
2 comments:
I'm glad to see you were able to use the glyph information. They look very cute! Erin
I did that reading glyph last week too...funny! Glad to hear everything is going so well
Post a Comment