Yesterday we had a misty rain and therefore started our day early with students in the classroom. Lucky for me I had a meeting with all of the BU students and the Superintendent of ACA at 8:30. We discussed our student teaching practicum and he also went over what jobs were available and what the contract entailed. The early positions for me could possibly be grade 4 in the girls campus only and if I wanted to go to the boys campus there was KG, 1, two grade 3 classes and a grade 5.
After the meeting Dr.Gene asked if I was ready to talk about employment because he had heard I was interested in staying. (word travels fast) To make a long story short he offered me the grade 4 position at the girls campus!! (exactly what I wanted) He said I had until today (this evening) to decide as there was someone else interested in the position.
Today at 2:30 I called him and verbally accepted the position. I WILL BE TEACHING IN KUWAIT FOR A YEAR!!!!! I am very excited about this and cannot wait to teach and travel. This will be an awesome opportunity for me and one year of experience to add to the resume.
Tomorrow is International Day. My grade 5 class has been working hard on the country Guatemala. I cannot wait to see the other countries.
I am going out for supper to celebrate!! I cannot believe that this all happened so fast but if I left it any longer there would be no position at the girls campus where I want to be.
It is raining right now…thundering too. Aghhh the last two days have been yucky out. Not to mention indoor recess is crazy, crazy here. Worse than in Canada!!!
March 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Congratulations on the job!
Krista..Baba is here in Saskatoon and her surgery is tommorrow.She is very happy that you are enjoying your time there.Congrats on your new posting .When will we get to see you?
Take care ..
Baba,Uncle Earl and Auntie Anne.
EEEKs!! Congrats Ms. Flynn!! This is such an amazing opportunity fo you!! I'm so happy and proud of ya!!! But, you do know what this means right??? ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!! I'm coming to visit! No if's and's or but's!! In fact, I think our Mother's are planning the event! lol! Can't wait!!
Post a Comment