March 21, 2007

Mother's Day in Kuwait!

Today is Mother’s Day in Kuwait!!! (I did not know this until I walked through the doors of my classroom and Emma said “Happy Mother’s Day” and handed me a small bag of chocolates that were from the secretary. We had nothing planned for mother’s day and neither did any of the other grade 5 teachers. During ELA we gave the students a few minutes to create a card with pink paper. Some of the cards were very creative. We are still planning for the biggest day at school and that is International Day which is March 28th. Our class is researching and decorating our classroom to represent the Country of Guatemala. Passports are made for all students in the school and we will be going to a few of the classrooms and collecting our stamps and listen to their presentation about that country. It sounds like an awesome event and a lot of time and preparation goes into it.

I stayed after school to work on a lesson I am doing on Saturday. I am teaching 3 out of the possible 4 classes. Emma is going to Dubai we were joking around that she is going to be very tired and sleeping in the back while I teach!! Haha. I had to take the bus back to Bneid Al Gare at 4:15. I was the only one on it! Haha. Apparently most of the teachers were tutoring after school and didn’t take the bus. (It was my first time taking the bus home from school. I don’t think I am lucky here as the bus and a few cars behind us got stuck behind a crane heaving some kind of metal tank behind a house so we had to back up and take a different route. Jeez.
I am not sure what I am doing tonight but some people are going to a place to smoke Sheesha. It is flavored tobacco apparently it is pretty smooth? I have no idea but I will take a picture of the machine, it is pretty cool. (a good majority have one in their apartment).

No comments: